The third round of Split Open was a tough game. I faced a higher rated opponent in a complicated Italian in which I was a pawn up (still in theory), but had a huge disadvantage in activity and development.
2019 Split Open, Round 3, 08/06/2019, S. Tomic (1920) vs A. Tomaš (2141), Italian Game, Polerio
Split Open is over. I will be covering the rest of the games during the next few days, and after that I will finally get back to recording opening theory and the endgame. I will record daily videos without missing a day!
I will be taking a 45 day break from playing tournament chess. I have to correct my mistakes and create a whole new opening repertoire. I feel like I have to do a lot of work before I am ready to play again. So during the following month or so I will be training hard and studying for at least 6 hours a day. I will be sending out daily PDFs to Patrons in which I will include my training routine and my new opening repertoire ideas and progress.
Sorry for being inactive for the past few weeks. Playing four tournaments in a row was tough, and I found myself overwhelmed with work and emotion.
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. Ng5 d5
5. exd5 Na5 6. Bb5+ c6 7. dxc6 bxc6 8. Be2 h6
9. Nf3 e4 10. Ne5 Bc5 11. c3 O-O 12. d4 exd3
13. Nxd3 Bb6 14. O-O Re8 15. Bf3 Ba6 16. Nb4 Bxf1
17. Qxf1 Ne4 18. Bxe4 Rxe4 19. Nd2 Re6 20. Nf3 Qe7
21. Bf4 Re8 22. Bg3 g5 23. Nc2 f5 24. b4 Nb7
25. Nfd4 f4 26. Nxe6 Qxe6 27. Re1 Qf7 28. Rxe8+ Qxe8
29. Qc4+ Qf7 30. Qxf7+ Kxf7 31. c4 fxg3 32. hxg3 c5
33. b5 Nd6 34. Ne3 Ba5 35. Ng4 Nxc4 36. Nxh6+ Kg6
37. Ng4 Kf5 38. f3 Bd2 39. Kf2 Na3 40. Ke2 Bb4
41. Kd3 Nxb5 42. Kc4 a6 43. Ne3+ Ke5 44. Kd3 Nd6
45. f4+ gxf4 46. gxf4+ Kxf4 47. Nc2 Kg3 48. a3 Ba5
49. Ne3 c4+ 50. Kc2 0 – 1
If you would like to support my quest to chess improvement and receive extra content, in depth information on each daily video, as well as exercises and problems to solve, consider becoming a patron. For more information, visit: https://www.patreon.com/hangingpawns
You can also support the channel via PayPal. Any support is greatly appreciated! https://www.paypal.me/HangingPawns